Friday, April 10, 2009

Birthday

It's my birthday today, and this year it coincided with Good Friday, so I got to sleep a long siesta since it’s a holiday. On the other hand most of the pubs are closed today (there are fines for selling alcohol today), so there will probably be little celebration. Luckily I diligently stocked beer in my fridge, so I might as well call some friends over or something. I don’t like planning big parties and having to tend to my guests. I rather chill with few friends. I didn’t bother planning ahead, so I’ll improvise.

I'll leave you with a thought that comes to me in my birthday for the last two years:
"I am too young to write my own biography and too old to stay young for ever"
___________________________________________________________

Hoy es mi cumpleaños, y este año coincidió con Viernes Santo, así que pude dormir una siesta larga ya que es feriado. Por otro lado la mayoría de los pubs están cerrados hoy (hay multas por vender alcohol hoy), así que probablemente va a haber poco festejo. Afortunadamente diligentemente almacené cerveza en mi refrigerador, así que podría estar llamando a algunos amigos o algo. No me gusta planificar grandes fiestas y tener que atender a mis invitados. Prefiero pasarla tranquilo con pocos amigos. No me molesté en planificar anticipadamente, así que voy a improvisar.

Los dejo con un pensamiento que me viene en mi cumpleaños desde hace dos años:
"Soy muy jóven para escribir mi biografía y muy viejo para seguir siendo jóven eternamente"

2 comments: